Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Day

So today is the first official day that I have been in Scotland to "live". I'm here, I've made it! Grad school seems so surreal. I move into my flat on Saturday and  classes start a few days after that. I can't believe its finally time. I'm a little anxious about moving in. When I packed, I only packed what was essential since I am staying for an extended period of time. I'm having packages shipped from home once I'm settled. Until then however, my room is going to be bare and uninviting. I suppose I could buy things to decorate, but I really want to have some of my own things to make it feel like home. I tried to sneak a few nick knacks into my luggage but my bags were already over weight. :( The first time I packed my suitcase was around 80 pounds.... I'm only allowed 50. Needles to say I ended up taking another bag. Even then here just wasn't enough room for anything non essential. Besides that though I am so excited to meet the people I'll be living with and the people I'll be studying with! The University of Stirling, from what I understand, has a very diverse student body with people from all over the world. I've already been in contact with three other post graduate students, two of whom are in my program, and they are all international. This is honestly the most exciting think I have ever done. I can't wait for it to all begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment